Monday, August 04, 2008

AAAAHHHHH!!!!!

So, I had Abby's birthday all planned out. Her birthday is on Friday, one of Zac's days off, so we would have her party then. Balloons, cake, a pool, tons of fun, right?

NOT!!!!

I don't do well when my plans get all topsy-turvy. I get all upset trying to make things work and usually end up crying and acting like a crazy woman. And my poor, wonderful husband still loves me after it's all over. (I know, I'm a lucky woman!)

For starters, the pool is booked. I'm a dummy that didn't make reservations early enough.

Then there's a Scout campout that Zac is going on. Not that I'm upset about that - I'm thrilled that he has a job at church now, and I love that he works with the boys and Scouting, since it's one of his favorite things. But the dates of the campout interfere with our friends Chris and Shirin coming to visit from Switzerland.

Loooooong story short, Abby's party is now going to be held Saturday, August 16 at one of two places. Which kinda sucks because my friend Christine won't get to be here. But I can make that ok because I'll still get to see her on the 22nd. And I need to get invites out, like, yesterday.

Why do I do this to myself?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH NO FRIEND!!! I should have talked to you this evening. BUT, the Rangers did win in the bottom of the 9th with a Grand Slam over the Yankees :) Couldn't get much better. I wonder if we could move our David's Bridal appointment to that weekend and then I COULD come to the party??? We could check that option out, if you'd like!

TroxelTribe said...

That stinks. I'm sorry. Our story is worse, if it'll make you feel better. With Aaron's travel schedule, he's gone a lot, so planning things is difficult to start with. HOwever, I planned her party, ordered the stuff (I'm a little neurotic when it comes to a theme - cake, decorations, etc.). My aunt had another stroke and my mom left to be with her the day before the party - so obviously no party happened then. Then my aunt passed away so it was off to her funeral and then a business trip with Aaron. By the time we got home, it was over a month past her birthday and Aaron was leaving again in 5 days (no weekends). SO, she never got a party. Poor girl! :( I feel so bad! I know she won't remember, but there are supposed to be PICTURES or something for her baby book, right?