Friday, February 20, 2009

Reading scriptures

We try to read a few scripture verses with Abby every night, just before we say prayers. Most nights it's just the two of us, since Zac works so late. Earlier this week, I told her we were going to read scriptures and she ran to the bookshelf and grabbed my Bible. She said, "I read skipures, Mommy." I almost got teary eyed as I proudly watched her flip pages and say, "Jesus wuv you," over and over. Toooo precious and I started to feel like we were doing at least a few things right with our parenting.

The next day was one of Zac's days off and so we were all together that night. I told Abby again that it was time for scriptures and asked if she wanted to read first. So she grabbed "the skipures" (I think it was actually the Book of Mormon this time) and sat down to read to us. Zac and I smiled at each other as she started again to tell us, "Jesus wuv you." And it all came crashing down when she looked at Zac and said, "PANCAKES!" Zac laughed so hard he almost cried and now, every night since, Abby tells us that the scriptures talk about pancakes. Greeeeaaaatttt....

I guess maybe you had to be there...but I thought it was a cute story that I should share with you guys. :)

2 comments:

Kirsten said...

Hahahaha. I was on the phone once when this happened... and I must say, I haven't laughed that hard in awhile.

& hey, at least she knows the "skripures" say "jesus wuv you"... who knows, maybe she has some deeper interpretation of pancakes? ...

:D
i can try, can't i?

Pete and Bekah Ackerman said...

Abby cracks me up! You guys are wonderful parents! I would love to get together again sometime. That was so fun having you over.