Sunday, March 08, 2009

Elliott family recipes

Ok, so I guess Zac is feeling a little homesick, because he requested some of "Meemaw's food." This translates into roast beef, homemade mashed potatoes and beef gravy. So I e-mailed Meemaw for instruction. I added the cake with Granny Odle's icing because I wanted it. :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Here's the cake. Yellow cake, nothing special...yet!
Here is Granny Odle's icing in the works. I got the recipe from my mother-in-law last night. Thanks, Sheila!



The beef sirloin roast. Awaiting its oven time...



One step closer to the oven...



I peeled way more potatoes than I ever want to peel again!



Abby woke up just in time to help me make rolls. She LOVES to cook with me. Another post about that coming soon.



Don't get me started on how hard I worked on the corn and green beans. HA!



The yummy yeast rolls that Abby helped me make!




Finished product: Mashed potatoes and gravy!



This icing rocks. So good.
I didn't get a picture of the (YUMMY) finished roast. Zac and Chris (the warehouse guy at the store) were waiting for dinner, so I didn't get a chance to snap one. But there is some left so maybe I can get one tomorrow. If I remember....
But dinner went well. Zac said it made him feel at home and that my roast was "as good as Meemaw's." WOOOO HOOOOO!!!!! Thanks for the great instruction! :) The potatoes weren't as creamy as I wanted, but they were good. And we all got great sugar highs from the cake. :)

2 comments:

ErinMartinez said...

Looks yummy!

Is Abby wearing a Funtastic shirt?!

Anonymous said...

HA, yeah, it's a Funtastic shirt. Garrett got it one year and Hope gave it to us after he outgrew it. I guess it's kind of an antique now that they're closed, huh? haha