Sunday, March 01, 2009

What we've been doing

Is it just me, or did February fly by? I realize it's a short month, but geez! I wanted to catch everybody up with some pictures and a video. And I promise to try and get better at posting pictures; I know our Arkansas family is more concerned with seeing Abby than listening to me. ;)


I took this picture mostly for Grampa - he made Abby this step stool and I wanted to make sure he knew we use it all the time! Abby has been using it to wash her hands and brush her teeth since she got it at Christmas. And I've just started showing her how to scoot it over and use it to get on the potty by herself. She's still wobbly - she doesn't trust her balance - but the stool gives her a little more independence on the potty and has allowed me to get rid of the yucky toddler toilet. YEA!!




Aunt Hopey flew back with us and stayed to visit for a couple of days. Of course, we went to the outlet mall in Park City and Hope shopped AAAAALLLLL DAY!!! KB Toys is going out of business and they had some awesome deals. We got this makeup set for Abby for $1.25!!! I was hoping for something a little more 'pretend' but she is having a lot of fun with it. (Daddy wasn't thrilled, but I don't think any Daddy enjoys seeing his girl do grown up stuff!) But it keeps her out of my makeup!





Speaking of Daddy, I got this picture of him and Abby cuddling and doing their favorite thing--TV! I'm not sure if they were watching Abby's favorite (Finding Nemo) or Daddy's favorites (Fox News/Travel Channel) but they were enjoying it anyway.





We've been working on our ABCs, thanks to her toy from Nana and Pawpaw and various kids shows. You'll also get to see that she's working on "Twinkle, twinkle little star..." We have some work to do, but it's a pretty cute video!

1 comment:

Panda Lover said...

That is such a cute video!