Thursday, March 25, 2010

Growing babies and a bad day

I usually try to save my blog posts for when I have pictures. I'll try to get some up soon but I wanted to update while I have a minute. These babies are GROWING. I know I say that in almost every post; but it just blows my mind how fast it happens!

Cami is pretty much a professional crawler. She's also started trying to pull up on stuff. She can get up on her knees and has tried to move around while kneeling. And she is into absolutely everything! I can leave her on one side of the living room while I go into the kitchen - and when I turn around, there she is crawling into the kitchen!

Both of them can manage to get from a sitting position onto their tummies. Then Cami takes off crawling and Emma starts rolling and scooting along.

Emma cracks me up with her jumping - she's nuts! She not only jumps in her Saucer, she jumps anywhere. If you're holding her, she bounces in your arms. If she's sitting on the floor, she bounces. I'm seeing a future as a trampoline artist or something. :) She's been a little fussy the last few days. I'm not sure if it's just the rest of the yuckiness going away or if she's starting to get teeth. Oh well - I'm not planning on our lives slowing down anytime soon. As long as I keep telling myself that, I think I can handle it. :)

This week has been so crazy busy. It seems like every day has had something going and yesterday it reached a boiling point. It seemed like if something could go wrong, it did. During my crossing, I almost got run over (twice), Abby got out of the car and started coming at me while I was in the road, Emma cried for half of my crossing, the cake I was making for church fell completely apart....ugh. I could go on...

Yeah, I know, pity party, right? My poor, sweet hubby called me on his way home and was totally caught off guard by the bawling, crazy lady that answered my phone. When he got home, he told me to leave and not come back until 10:00pm. Easier said than done since Draper pretty much shuts down at 9. But I walked around JoAnn, got some dinner, sat in the car and read a magazine in an empty parking lot...basically just got out of the house and away from the craziness. And it helped! Today was pretty crazy but I felt better able to handle it. Sometimes we just need a break...and I am so very grateful for an amazing husband that does his best to take care of my mental health. :)

5 comments:

Jenn said...

Girlfriend, so sorry!! What a nice and supportive husband to take over for the night?? Did you go to RS? I had other obligations with Morgan....wondering how it turned out. All will be crazy for a while, but if you can take a few time outs that will help:)

Frieda Loves Bread said...

You have such a sweet hubby who was willing to let you have a "mommy time-out!" Hope the rest of the weekend goes better for you~

Unknown said...

HUGS! Sounds like you need one. Call me if you want to talk or vent....either way :o) Miss you.

One Sassy Mama said...

Oh, Sarah! I'm so sorry for all the shenanigans! You are so amazing to take on all the things you do with a toddler and twins...I remember how hard that was!

If it makes you feel any better--Last year, I had to make 3 different cakes for my centerpiece cake. AND it didn't look half as beautiful as yours!

Rikki said...

Good for him! That was so nice to let you have a break! I look forward to showers and grocery shopping now like I never thought I would. And I only have 1!